Thursday, April 23, 2015

March 12, 2015 - "Slow and Steady"

Hello fellow mortals! If there be typos in this email please just ignore them; I am currently emailing on a member's iPad just before we play a new game I recently learned how to play called Betrayal at the House on the Hill. It is glorious. We have been teaching the J*** family this past week. They are super smart and have some questions that put our new found missionary biblical knowledge to the test. I love it. I heard a missionary recently say that if you want to learn a foreign language go to another country. If you want to learn a foreign language and the bible like a boss go to the south! I have found it to be so true because I would not know my scriptures as well as I do now had I not been sent to the Bible Belt. 

We have also been able to find an older man and his family who had been talking with the missionaries over 10 years ago. 10 years ago! Its crazy particulary that we have no record of it from previous missionaries. Just fyi, that's another thing we are working on right now. My time is running out, me and the ipad arent getting along very well, but please know that everything is going well here in Arkansas. The church is true!



~Elder barker

No comments:

Post a Comment