Tuesday, August 11, 2015

July 27, 2015 "Weird Stuff"

I'm not sure what happened to the last few emails I sent out, because my iPad randomly deleted them. This is why nice things aren't always nice! Lol. Anyway, I really don't have a whole lot to talk about. Here's a little bit from my letter to President:  

This past week I was able to go on exchanges with the other Elders in the district, and it was a really good experience to go to their area and do some work there. They had been having a bit of a hard time finding new people, but we spent about 4 hours just walking around talking to everyone in sight, and miracles happened! We started out knocking on a few doors, with next to zero success; just one super-shady potential investigator with a sketchy return appointment. We continued walking, going strictly off of the Spirit guiding us, and proceeded to find 5 new investigators, 4 of whom now have baptismal dates. The neatest part of the whole experience was that after that one potential investigator, we didn't knock on a single door that whole night. We simply talked to everyone who was outside, and prayed together as a companionship before we left the appartment that we would be able to find those who would be willing to receive us. Miracles happened, and I know it was because we were being guided by the Spirit, and was willing to follow whatever promptings we received. The best family, for example, we came into contact with because we called out to him when he was taking out his trash. He was about 50 yards away, but because we followed that prompting, a man and his wife who both had been spiritually prepared now are preparing to be baptized.

It was a really neat experience, to say the least. I will be driving up to Dardanelle later this week to help out with a baptismal interview, and hopefully later for one of the people I helped find that day! The work is really moving forward, and it is the coolest thing to be a part of it.

This transfer is almost over, and so we are doing all we can to make the most of it, because I will most likely be leaving in two weeks. The work goes on!

If anyone has any questions about anything in the mission, please shoot me an email, and I will respond as soon as I am able. For those missionaries who are just home are on their way there and would still like my emails, please send me your new email address so I can help out.

Thanks! Y'all are the best!
~Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment