Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 11, 2015- "Refocusing Sights"



First and foremost, it was good to be able to talk to all of the loved ones back home. Glad to know everything is going great. I honestly don't know what to say about this past week other than it went really well. We've been getting a bunch of referals from a bunch of different people, and we have had a bunch of success in talking to them.

We have also been able to go and visit a bunch of people in the nursing home lately. There are a bunch of very good and kind people there who really need human interaction from someone who is not wearing scrubs.

Again, this past week went really well, but I'm not so sure what else to say. So I will end it with this: thus far on mission I have been focusing on helping out missionaries in the long term, trying to help others with their work. I learned by the Spirit that it is time for me to start trying to help people join the church myself, not necessarily help others help others join the church. I have been able refocus on my purpose, and I am excited to start going again.

To those who are still serving full-time missions, keep up the work. We only have a limited time to do what the Lord has called us to do, and I know that He wants us to shine. Don't get discouraged, and keep pressing forward!

Elder Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment