Monday, April 7, 2014

Stressful and slow.

Sadly (or maybe it's a good thing) I really don't have a great deal to talk about. This week has been on the stressful side, but nothing we can't handle. 

I gave my first talk in church the sunday before Conference on faith and what we need to do to build it, and why we serve the Lord. It was basically a throw-down on serving the Lord because it is a good idea to do so, and not because we love Him. This ward is really good at feeding the missionaries, but when it comes to doing missionary work themselves, they're really having a hard time.  I even recorded it (my talk), but the file is too big to send to y'all, so you will just have to make do with the questions I wrote for it. They were all taken from pg. 116 of Preach my Gospel. The best part is the rest of the missionaries spoke on similar topics, and all of them involved encouraging the members to greater actions.

We are teaching a new bunch of people. Their names are A and Sh. They are employees at just one of the many local fast food restaurants around here, and while A can't wait to get out, Sh doesn't mind as much because she's a manager. I have high hopes for them.

Elder Clason was sick a lot this week, so we didn't start teaching for three days until about 11. It was kinda nice to sleep extra, but I was going a little stir crazy. Luckily we did massive amounts of service this past week as well, and I find digging incredibly large rocks out of the ground really helps get the blood flowing.

I also got a haircut today from Sister Clarke. (you are welcome, Mom.) Apparently hair stuff is what she was doing before the mission and is her plans for after it. I'll send a picture later when I'm not covered in clippings.

Love you all! Have a good week.
Elder Jayden Barker


No comments:

Post a Comment